Skip to main content

Yet Another Update on Platform Targeting

Once again I have run into significant problems with code contributions. As I feared when I tried working off my own code, the deployment using the initial build type for device versions (Android, Xbox etc.) has failed once again. But! There may still be hope as I have since noticed that in one of the expansion packs on my development accounts is the presence of a code extension that is designed specifically for this kind of situation.

With any luck I may be able to resolve the Xbox issue at a minimum with the advent of being directed to this code extension. I will update you all on the results once I have had a chance to give this a shot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Release Platforms for Mystic Advent

Following up on the announcement of Mystic Advent , Zero Break Design has determined its first set of distribution services for rolling out the game. Currently the game is targeted for release on Steam, GameJolt and itch.io with special features targeted at each individual service. These are the most common platforms for what the project intends to accomplish and have been selected for maximum reach and distribution potential. Steam is by far the largest and most commonly-trusted service for game publishing and distribution and a perfect fit for the project as the primary distribution target for the Mystic Advent experience. Combined with secondary mirror hosting on itch.io and GameJolt, the distribution potential for all three services will afford the maximum outreach possible for the scope of the project. Microsoft Store targeting for Windows 10 and Xbox is also in progress.

Coronavirus Impact Statement: Indefinite Project Delay for Content Review, Publicity Planning on Hold

As you all know by now, the COVID-19 coronavirus is impacting the entire world and creating a major health crisis for millions of people. Originally it was taken as an illegal form of public scare tactics (because Wuhan which is in China) but has since been exposed as a very real (and very deadly) public threat. Because of the unknowns relevant to the circumstances as of this update (and the lack of resolution to be confirmed anytime soon) I regret to announce that I am placing an indefinite and immediate hold on the development of  Mystic Advent to address the following issues: Full and complete review of existing content: An extensive reevaluation of the entire dialogue script to date will be required to isolate anything that I no longer feel comfortable with out of respect for the situation; Alternative scenario designs: Building on the first point, if there's anything where I can replace content without adversely affecting the narrative as originally planned I will do so